Welcoming Message from your Teacher

Dear Student, 

Welcome to Academic Reading and Writing 1 course. This course is about how to read and write effectively.

I have designed this blog for you to make your learning easy, interesting and successful. All the topics in this blog will be covered in class and I strongly recommend you to visit this blog every day. You will have to study and prepare for your classes regularly if you wish to succeed.

First, let's register for this blog. You will need to go through the following steps.

Step 1: Type in your e-mail address to register in the box on the left side of this blog.
Step 2: Click Submit button. 
Step 3: A new page will open.To help prevent spam, please type the text in the box (you see the text above the box).
Step 4: Click on Complete Subscription Request button.
Step 5: Check your e-mail. You will receive an e-mail message from FeedBurner Email Subscriptions: Activate your Email Subscription to Academic Reading and Writing 1.
Step 6: Click the blue link in your e-mail to activate your subscription. 
Step 7: A new page will open. On the new page, you will see the following message: 
E-mail Subscription Confirmed! 

Your registration has been completed. New messages will be delivered to you in the future. If you wish, you can register with another e-mail address (in that case you will have to repeat the above steps).

Please note that this blog will be updated, from time to time: new important information will be added. You can start learning now. First, study the General Course Outline - the basic information about this course. When you finish reading, please ask questions (if you have any). To start reading General Course Outline, click here.


Before we start our course, let's introduce ourselves. You will find information about me here.

Now, please talk about yourself. You are given ten minutes to prepare. You can use the following outline, however you can add more things if you like:


About Myself

1. My hometown, my family.
2. Primary school and secondary school.
3. My college (HCT):
    a) why I am here: what I like and what I do not like here; why;
    b) my classmates and my teachers;
    c) the courses that I study: what I like and what I do not like (and why).
4. My English language strengths and weaknesses (What do I need to learn?). My expectations from this course.
5. Hobbies and interests.
6. My plans (in 2 or 5 years from now).